Saturday, November 28, 2009

Readers and booklovers

Book groups don't appeal to me but after looking at some of the online book groups, I rather liked the Book Clique Cafe, which is a collection of online reading groups, based on genre, e.g. Roman history group, Mystery addicts, Diaries and journals.
There are so many groups and sites for booklovers, I could never have the time to keep up with them all.
I have liked Librarything ever since we did 23 things last year.The suggestions for further reading based on titles I've already read have been great.
Cleopatra's daughter by Michelle Moran was my latest enjoyable read. The orphaned children of Queen Cleopatra and Marc Anthony are taken to Rome to be brought up by their father's rival, Octavian and his sister, Octavia. Moran tells their story, through the eyes of Princess Selene, with all the politics and splendour of Ancient Rome.
From ten suggestions on Librarything for similar books I've already read only one, so plenty to be going on with there.
Bookseer provided a similar list with some titles from Librarything and a few different ones from Amazon, so even more to be going on with.
I liked the footnote, 'Of course, you could go ask your local bookshop or your local library'.

No comments:

Post a Comment